Tuesday, December 06, 2005

British-spun Alpaca available

I get regular mailings from a British Spinner who spins alpaca fleece into a 2ply yarn which can be knitted on 5mm needles for a lace pattern or 3mm needles for a tighter gauge. Each hank comes with a little photo of the alpaca who supplied it. You may have seen a previous one I bought spun from fleece from Twinkletoes, she was choc brown. I've now put in a bid for fleece from Katia as it goes within two hours of being up for sale. She is a lovely ginger light brown colour, like brown sugar.

Let me know if you want to buy a hank or two, normal cost is around £6.95 for 200yds which is one 50g hank. 2 hanks are enough to make a lace wrap/scarf. It usually comes with a pattern for a lace scarf. It knits up not unlike kidsilkhaze but with less fluff. Really I have enough yarn but can't resist buying it in case someone else would love it.

See you later
Erssie