Friday, November 25, 2005

In town from NY - want anything from the states

Hi guys...or rather gals,

Rachel here from NY. I'm actually going to be in London in a few weeks time for graduation - I'll be at angel knits on 13 and 20 December - I can't wait to see all of you.

I'm just letting y'all know that if you've seen some wool/yarn that you've been wanting to order from an American website but they don't ship abroad here's your chance, I'll be happy to bring it over for you. I'm going to ask Abi to send out an email with more specific info, but you have to hurry. I'll be going to Israel for the first half of my trip in just one week to see the new nephew for whom I've been knitting the interminable baby blanket - the end is finally near.
Also, I wanted to ask if any of you have good patterns for a scarf y0u can bring on the 13th. I really want to make a nice winter scarf for myself , but as it's going to be in black I want a pattern that's going to be interesting.


Thanks a ton, can't wait to see all of you.

-rachel.



7 comments:

Blogger NikolaAnne said...

I think you can universally say... Bring lots of Kool-Aid!

Cheap dye stuffs is always good! LOL

11:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll second that one - if you can bring some kool-aid that would be fabulous.

Also, thank you for such a kind offer - it's given me the excuse to get some stuff from knitpicks.com that I've been waiting for :)

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what flavors - or rather colors of kool aid do you want? and with or without sugar? I know that sounds ridiculous, but I know nothing about either kool air or dying things.

-rachel

9:38 pm  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Hi guys...

Used to come to Angel Knits about a year ago with my mate Amy, when you used to meet in the Arts Centre (before moving to Starbucks).... am considering popping in again from time to time... might see some of you there?

11:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just grab a selection if you can, I'm sure we'll all just grab what we fancy - it won't go to waste :)

As for with or without sugar - don't think it matters really...

11:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple, pink + red Kool-Aid sounds good to me.

Thanks so much Rachel, I am oh-so tempted by your offer of bringing stuff here... I'm trying with all my strength not to order anything from KnitPicks (went to their site, added lots of goodies to my basket, before I came to my senses and closed Firefox), for one I have absolutely nowhere to put it... but still...

Ruth, do come along!!


Anna xx

8:44 am  
Blogger NikolaAnne said...

Ann said:
> As for with or without sugar -
> don't think it matters really...

Oh, it matters! NO sugar. Otherwise, you end up with a Sticky yarn mess. :-(

For Rachel to read up
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/FEATdyedwool.html

So, it is basically the Unsweetened sachets that you get for ~5c each over there.

Most of the range gives you are red Drink (Tropical Punch, Cherry, Strawberry etc). However, Lemonade is Yellow, Orange is Orange, Green from Lemon-lime. Berry Blue is a stunning Bright Blue.

The Invisibles are no good (no dye at all!) and the "Polar"s are not much cop either (too pale for dyeing)

"Switching Secret" just gives you red. *Shrug*

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

return home »