Friday, October 21, 2005

Greetings from NY

Hi guys,

Ooh, I so miss my Angelknits and it looks like you guys have been doing SUCH fun projects and outings and oh, I'm so jealous. That christmas pudding hat is amazing , I want one so bad. Can you guys post the pattern and I'll have a horrible go at it. and Sian, love the new jumper.

So, over in NY I haven't yet found a group, although I did discover that a friend of mine knits and we're supposed to set up a weekly knitting date, but that hasn't really happened yet. I keep hearing scary things about the knitting circles in NY - that they're really unfriendly and not nice so it keeps putting me off from trying them out, but I really can't afford to do that. I've only got a month (actually a little less) to finish off my baby blanket and I need encouragement. We've been having some gorgeous weather so I've been going around to different parks in the city and knitting in my bikini top if you can believe it. I don't think everyone else thinks it's as warm as I do, but after a London summer, I think it's warm enough.

I wanted to put up some pictures of these knitty boots that I almost bought when I was in London that I was telling some of you about but I'm not quite sure as to how to post a picture, so if one doesn't show up, could someone please tell me how to do so.

Miss you angelknits and thanks for keeping me on the mailing list!

xoxo,

-rachel