Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Children's Society

I was sorry to miss Angelknits this week. I wasn't well but I'm determined to not let this stop me next week as I really missed the inspiration I get from going.

You may have seen the Knit It stand at All Pally last week advising knitters how they may help to fundraise for the Children's Society. Xmas is a busy time but if you don't have time to knit for the society they are looking for original patterns from knitters who will donate them free of charge for others to use to make and sell items for charity. In return, they will list you as a supporter and provide links back to your blogs or websites. They are especially looking for patterns on a xmas theme as soon as possible with a view to publishing the patterns in magazines. They've asked me for my Christmas Pud Hat pattern,Santa hat pattern and holly instructions and I'll also try to come up with other xmas goodies over the next few weeks. If you wish to become involved the contact is Nicola Tel:0207 841 4485 or email np@childsoc.org.uk. They will require a photo and text instructions and will advise on formats for links and downloads.

Current wips = cream kimono and hat for baby, black and red biker beanie and bootiesocks sets, more santa hats for kids, boyfriend xmas sweater (I didn't say which xmas though!).